1) Throw out all the non-essentials in life. They unnecessarily occupy valuable space at home, on the office desk, in our lives and in our minds. They needlessly drain us of our time and energy.
2) The tears happen; endure, grieve and move on. Life is never a smooth sailing. There will always be ups and downs in life. We have no choice, but to take it in our stride and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is our own self. LIVE while you are alive. We are dead-like while living when there is no enthusiasm.
3) Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is. Mistakes and errors in judgment happen for a variety of reasons. Don’t have any regrets. The past is dead and gone. We can’t change a single moment of our past, then why dwell in the past? Forget the event or the experience or whatever hurt you, but always remember the lesson it taught you and move on.
4) Be in the company of cheerful people as much as possible. The grouches pull us down. We need to always keep this in mind, especially if we are one of those grouches!!! In that case we need to change our own attitude towards life.
5) Enjoy the simple things in life. One need not necessarily be rich or wealthy to enjoy simple things in life. Discover joy in the most insignificant things in life. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. If you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her! And of course keep away from grouches.
6) Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. The secret of being young throughout life is to be a student and keep learning new things the whole life. Never let the brain get idle. Remember the old saying ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’
And that devil’s name is Alzheimer’s!
7) Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
8) Surround yourself with what you love — whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, etc. Your home is your refuge.