Late Indian Industrialist, JRD Tata, had a friend who used to tell him that he misplaced and lost his pen very often. Hence he used to buy only very cheap pens
so that he need not worry about losing them. He was worried about his habit of being careless.
JRD suggested he buy the costliest pen he could afford and see what happens.
He just did that. He purchased a twenty-two carat gold Cross pen.
After nearly six months JRD met him and asked him if he continued to misplace his pen. His friend said that he was very careful about his costly pen and he was surprised how he had changed!
JRD explained to him that the value of the pen made the difference and there was nothing wrong with him as a person!
This is what happens in our life. We are careful with things which we value the most.
* If we value our health, we will be careful about our diet and lifestyle.
* If we value our friends, we will treat them with respect.
* If we value money, we will be careful while spending.
* If we value our time, we will not waste it.
* If we value relationship, we will not break it.
* If we value our heritage, we will preserve it.
* If we value our environment, we will conserve it.
* If we value knowledge, we will pursue it throughout life.
Carefulness is a basic trait all of us have; we know when to be careful!