The Last Wishes Of Alexander The Great…
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
1) The best doctors should carry his coffin.
2) The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery.
3) His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see.
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1) “I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal.”
2) “I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth.”
3) “I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is: TIME.”