Life is never smooth. It is full of ups and downs. We often get caught up in our day-to-day struggles and succumb to negative events and experiences, bad news, negative thoughts and feelings, so much so that all this negativity can start influencing and dominating our lives. In difficult times like these, it’s always restorative and healing to count our blessings, whatever those may be — the beauty of nature, the kind people that surround us, our health, or whatever makes us grateful and inspired.
It’s also quite useful and therapeutic, to surround ourselves with beautiful and wise words that are capable of lifting our spirits and reminding us what is truly important and a priority for us in life. Here are some pieces of wisdom, to reflect on and be inspired by.
1) A negative mind will never give us a positive life.
2) Things we can’t control:
a) Other people’s feelings
b) Other people’s words
c) Other people’s behavior
We should have the serenity to accept what we can’t control.
Things we can control:
a) Our words
b) Our opinions
c) Our actions
d) Our work ethic
f) How honest we are
g) Who we spend time with
h) What media we consume
We should have the courage to make that which is within our control to conform to moral ethics and principles.
3) Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent. We are all here to learn and errors happen while learning. Let it not affect the mind.
4) You don’t get confidence. You earn confidence, by consistently working in the fringes of fear and discomfort.
5) Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress.
Working hard for something we love is called passion.
6) No matter who we are or how we live, we’ll face challenges. Years will turn into decades, but challenges will keep on coming.
When you encounter one that is huge, remind yourself of all other challenges you conquered to get here.
You faced mountains before — you’ll learn how to overcome the next one as well.
7) Don’t wait for things to get easier, simpler, better. Life will always be complicated. Learn to be happy right now. Otherwise, you’ll run out of time.
8) “One day each of us will run out of tomorrows. Let us not put off what is important.” — Thomas S. Monson
9) Happiness is not about getting all you want; it is about enjoying all you have.
Enjoy life now and always remember:
there is an expiry date!
10) I choose
To live by choice not by chance,
To be motivated not manipulated,
To be useful, not used
To make changes, not excuses,
To excel, not compete.
I choose self-esteem, not self-pity.
I choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinion of others.
“We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” — Virginia Satir
“Freedom comes only from seeing the ignorance of your critics and discovering the emptiness of their virtue.” — David Seabury
When you come to a point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom, your life will begin…