Modern Commandments to Live By…
We need to reflect and understand the deeper meaning of these statements and follow them in our lives at all times.
1) A mistake that makes us humble is better than an achievement that makes us arrogant.
2) A blind person asked Swami Vivekananda: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?”
He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
3) Friendship is like a book. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
4) Old friends are gold! New friends are diamond! If you get a diamond, don’t forget the gold! Because to hold a diamond, you always need a base of gold!
5) Do you know why a Car’s windshield is so large and the rear-view mirror is so small?
Because our past is not as important as our future. Look ahead and move on.
6) All things in life are temporary, fleeting, momentary, impermanent, ephemeral. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.
Therefore, don’t possess nor be possessed, nor be attached to anything in life.
7) Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s trouble; it takes away today’s peace. Worrying is like paying interest when it is not due. Worrying burns us within while thinking leads to solution.
Either think or worry.
Choice is yours.
8) Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
9) Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!”
10) When God solves our problems, we have faith in His abilities; when God doesn’t solve our problems, He has faith in our abilities.
11) When we pray for others, God listens to us and blesses them and sometimes, when we are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for us.
12) Unhappiness is not knowing what we want and killing ourselves to get it. Happiness is our inherent nature. Therefore, happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response, nor an event or an outcome of some action. We simply cannot be unhappy unless we have decided to be unhappy. Nothing will make us happy until we choose to be happy.
Life is good when we are happy, but life is best when others are happy because of us!
Be an inspiration.