Modern Commandments to Live By……
We need to reflect and understand the deeper meaning of these statements and follow them in our lives at all times.
1) Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
2) Do you know why a Car’s windshield is so large and the rear-view mirror is so small?
Because our past is not as important as our future. Look ahead and move on.
3) Friendship is like a book. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
4) All things in life are temporary, impermanent, ephemeral. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.
5) Old friends are gold! New friends are diamond! If you get a diamond, don’t forget the gold! Because to hold a diamond, you always need a base of gold!
6) Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!”
7) When God solves your problems, you have faith in His abilities; when God doesn’t solve your problems He has faith in your abilities.
8) A blind person asked Swami Vivekananda: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?”
He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
9) When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10) Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s trouble; it takes away today’s peace. Worrying is like paying interest when it is not due. Worrying burns us within while thinking leads to solution.