12 Ways to Be Happy…
1) Make up your mind to be happy. Learn to discover joy and pleasure in simple and the most insignificant things.
2) Make the best of your circumstances. No one has everything and everyone has something of sorrow intermingled with gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears.
3) Don’t take yourself too seriously. No one else does. What? Take you seriously! Laugh at yourself, at your behavior and at your antics.
4) You can’t please everybody. There is no guaranteed formula for success, but there is an assured way for failure and that is — trying to please everybody. Don’t let criticism worry you. If you think you are what your friends and enemies say you are, you obviously do not know yourself.
An infallible sign of enlightenment: one no longer cares what people think and say.
5) Don’t let your neighbor set your standards. Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself. Be yourself. Don’t imitate others. Instead of being a poor imitation, be a hundred percent original.
6) Do the things you enjoy doing, but stay out of debt. We may not always get to do what we like, so we should start liking what we do.
7) Never borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than the real ones.
8) Have no hatred for anything or being, even for a fraction of a moment, even in a dream. Since hate poison’s the soul, do not cherish hatred. The one we hate occupies a rent-free space in our minds. Therefore, forgive everyone for everything. Forgive, forget and march on. Love flourishes in giving and forgiving.
9) Avoid people who make you unhappy.
10) Don’t spend your time brooding over sorrows or mistakes. Don’t be the one who never gets over things. Time heals almost everything. Get over it and move on.
11) Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself.
12) Always keep yourself busy at something. Have many interests. A busy person never has time to be unhappy.
There is not a shred of evidence to prove that life is serious.
‘Life is a tragedy to those who feel; life is a comedy to those who think.’
Therefore, when Self-Knowledge matures, then the entire creation is nothing but an encyclopedia of jokes!!
4 thoughts on “12 Ways to Be Happy…”
These 12 ways to be happy are powerful and we must implement them in our lives. You have always increased my faith, so now I can easily deal with problems with your guidance and unwrap the gift called life.
Swami-ji your blessings are always with me and my family.
MEET RAVINDRA JAIN
Yes, nice, sweet ways to become happy, I will follow it and become happy from now. ?
Swamiji Hari Aum !!
12 ways to be happy…thanks for letting us know the ways , how to stay happy ….will definitely try to adopt all the 12 ways …and as on today is Diwali and a great and priceless gift you have given (i.e . 12 ways to stay happy) …..
Happy Diwali and Happy New year…
Swamiji , send your blessings ??
Hari Aum !!
Just felt you addressing this over and over again !! Thanks for always reminding to be happy 🙂